With the arrival of spring, more homeowners are opening up their windows to let in fresh, warm air. Did you know that you could be putting your child in danger by leaving a window open, possibly causing an accidental fall?
The goal of Window Safety Week is to educate homeowners on the use of windows in escaping an emergency and learn how to prevent accidental window falls that could be fatal. Check out the 7 tips Window World has put together on how to practice window safety every day or the year.
Window Safety Tips
1.Install Window Stoppers
2. Check For Broken Locks
3. Ensure Windows Open Easily
4. Use Cordless Blinds or Cord Hooks
5. Ensure All Screens Are Intact and Not Punctured
6. Check For Dropping Windows
7. Install Escape Ladders For 2nd Story Windows
Learn More About Window Safety
For more information about National Window Safety Week and why it is important, please visit the National Safety Council website.